make more since to everyone if I post it now.
I have had this nodule for five years now. I first got it looked at in
Nebraska. When I was pregnant with Emma. They did a fine needle aspiration.
The results showed it was not cancerous and it was more liquid than mass.
So they drained and it did go down. We ended up moving to Utah before I
had any more follow ups with them. I had it looked at again when I was
pregnant with Daniel. The doctor did do a biopsy on it and it was a little
bigger but still mainly liquid and was cancer free. So his theory was that
it was reflux laryngitis and the nodule was cause be my pregnancies and we
should wait a couple years after I was done having kids to see if it would
go down on its own.
It was not going down and I was having trouble swallowing and breathing.
And my cough and heartburn were back worse than before. Over all
I was not feeling well. So Jake final got me to go see a family doctor.
The doctor said the test she did came back good. No diabetes and
my EKG Showed my heart was fine. She thought all my symptoms were related
to my neck. She gave me a number for a ENT. This Doctor was awesome.
He listen to everything that was going on with my neck, plus the history
of what the other ENT's had said and done. Next thing I knew he is numbing
my nose. He put a camera tube down my nose and said I had no sighs of reflux laryngitis.
And probably never had it in Utah. Next he put a needle in the nodule to get
some fluid to be biopsy. He was surprise to see after the history I had told
him, he was not getting much liquid (That scared me a little) that it
mainly solid. I had gone to the doctors thinking he was not going do anything
and came out feeling like I lost my nose from being numbed and a sore throat
from being poked. He also gave a order to go get a CT scan with contrast.
And to come back a week later to discuss the CT results. I ended being able
to get my CT done two days after the doctor appointment. The nurse said I
would have the result within in 48 hrs. So I didn't think it was good
news when the doctor called that same evening. He Said the mass sat on
right thyroid and it was pushing against my airway and esophagus.
And that the biopsy show cancer cells.
Which means I need surgery to remove the nodule/mass and my right
thyroid. They will biopsy the mass and decide if it is cancer or not.
If it is not cancer they will leave the left thyroid there and close me up.
If it is cancer they will remove my left side too, and will go from there.
If they can't decide during the surgery if it is cancer or not they
will send the mass out for more testing and close me up while they
wait and if they need they going back in to get the left.
Surgery is Oct 10, sometime in the afternoon. It will take a hour to
two hours. I will be in the hospital for 24hrs and on bed rest for
10 days.
I hope this make since. It all happening fast it has only been
three weeks since I first saw the family doctor. Hopefully it makes since.
This is the CT picture, I hope it explains thing better. I will keep
you posted.

3 comments:
I love you Nicole! I'm sorry this is happening. Seriously it stinks! Derek says that if you have to have cancer that thyroid is the better one to have, but we are praying it's not that. We are all praying for you and love you. Thanks for keeping us informed.
LOVE YOU ALL!
Good luck Cole! We will be praying everything goes well. We love you!
Oh Nicole! I will be praying for you all the way up in Alaska!!!
Post a Comment