Wednesday, March 16, 2011

All About Daniel

Daniel had his last visit with the urologist. His surgery was a success,
His left side is almost all the wa
y healed up and the right
showed less swelling, which meant the surgery worked.
It may be a couple of
years for his body to heal all the way, but he no
longer needs to see the urologist.

Now on to allergies,
Daniel's test came back with more allergens and the old
ones had gone up.
I put the numbers from May of last
year,
if there is one to show. I ho
pe this makes since. These are
just the one we test for, we also know he
can't do cinnamon,
oranges and tomato products.


These are the ones we need a epi-pen for.
17.51 or greater

old number/ new number


Peanuts 71.00/ 100.00

Egg 43.40 / 84.60
Milk(cow) 2.09/ 43.70
Cat & Dander 7.53 / 100.00

These are ones that cause Rash, Hives,Red Eyes,Diarrhea,sometimes swelling and pain
3.51-17.50


old number /new number


Corn 1.44 / 4.19

Soy Bean 1.76/ 5.86
Wheat 0.72 / 3.66
Giant Ragweed 4.09

These are the Moderate ones, which means f
or Dan, Rash,Diarrhea,itching
0.71-3.50


Almond 1.09

Beef 1.80

Chicken 1.09
Oat 1.34
Potato 1.41

Rice 1.05
Sesame Seed 2.10



So now you wondering what he eats.

Well that's a good question.

We feed him some of the food
on the lists,(not epi-pen ones)
He love bananas. After a while you lear
n what you can and can not
feed him. We have it so down now that we don't think about feeding
him the bad foods. The k
ids are good at keeping their food away
from their br
other. Daniel has his own drawer in the kitchen where he can
go get a snack and its only his food,.I try to keep the othe
rs higher. The
kids also tell everyone they meet about Daniel and tell them not to feed him.
Now this does not mean
that we don't have breaks outs. But it is a start.
.

What we also learned from the allergis
t what we where doing wrong.
Before we would only give him meds when he broke out then stop
when he cleared up. Well that was all wrong. This is what we do now.

This what he gets three times a day, so he can eat




This is for his cheeks/face



This is for his scalp



Spot treatment for when he cuts his face & ears, to stop infections



Body



Every where cream



and Epi-pen for if he gets in the bad stuff




We do this every day to so he can have clear skin and eat.
also so he doesn't look like this, I try not to take pictures when he breaks out that is why they're old ones.



this is what he looks after a couple of weeks on all these drugs,
Daniel is now eating, sleeping and acting like a normal toddler.



We are going to keep this up till June, when he see the allergist again,
to talk about using less meds on him, our hope is that by five years old he
will be able to eat some of these foods and have less allergies.

2 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, &, Regan said...

I am so happy you guys are getting this figured out. What a pain in the tukis right?!

Dan looks SO good. And geeze-a-loo that's a TON of skin goop. So happy that he is doing better!

Derek and Sharice said...

I agree with Janice. The poor guy! I can't even imagine. I'm so glad he is looking better, but I'll just have to give him tons of squeezes when I see you guys in July.